Large concrete pavers are becoming a very popular option among pavers, they are not only more durable and resistant, but they can also create a very sophisticated and elegant space without much effort or thinking.
Do you wanna know more about large concrete pavers? Then read this article until the end to know where to buy them, design tips, and the pros&cons of having them in your house!
Where to buy large concrete pavers?
If you want to do your project with large concrete pavers, fortunately, there are many options you can choose from. Unlike brick pavers (which have only a standard size option), concrete pavers have a wide variety of sizes and shapes.
You can easily find large concrete pavers in practically any building materials retailer or any paver contractor. You can also find it online, but we highly recommend you buy in-person so you can choose the best option for you.
Tips to design with larger pavers
Fill the cracks with grass, stones, or smaller pavers
Usually, when people choose larger pavers, they leave a considerable space between them to fill it. You can get creative with how to use this space and create a nice look for your patio. There are a few materials that you can use to fill the gaps: grass, crushed stone, or even smaller pavers.
Mix concrete pavers
The good thing about concrete pavers is they come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, so you can be very creative while installing them, you can create a different pattern or fill the gaps between them with smaller pavers, as mentioned in the first tip.
Just like in shape and size, concrete brick pavers come in a variety of different colors to choose from. Unlike brick pavers that come in the same shades and tones, you can alternate the color scheme featuring pavers with different colors. Be very creative while mixing the colors!
Expand indoors spaces
This is a really common idea, but many people forget that large concrete pavers aren’t just for outdoor spaces, they also look incredible in interior spaces as well. You can use the same pavers in both outdoor and indoor areas to create an extension of your house and create an illusion of a bigger and wider space.
Pros and cons of installing large pavers
- Quick installation: Once they are larger, they occupy more space and can be installed relatively quickly when compared to small pavers.
- Style: Have you ever noticed that, when the pavers are larger, the space seems bigger and wider? That’s because large pavers have a more open style that can create this “illusion”.
- More resistant: Larger pavers are not only larger but also thicker than regular size paving stones, so they are less prone to crack and chip.
- Difficult to move: For obvious reasons, larger pavers are harder to move from one place to another, once they are heavier. The ideal, in this case, is to have a paver contractor to do the task for you and avoid any accidents.
- Design inflexibility: There is a wide variety of paver patterns available, but when it comes to larger pavers, the options for styles became are significantly reduced.
- Cost: When compared with small concrete pavers, they usually have a higher price and cost of installation as well.
Can I lay large pavers by myself?
Larger pavers are way more difficult to install, once they are harder to move from one place to another, which makes the work 10x harder and the chances of an accident happen are higher as well, so we recommend you to hire a pro to do it for you.
If you’re thinking about getting large concrete pavers for your walkway, driveway, or patio, you can count on us. You can get a free estimate for your project and improve your home! S&S Pavers has over 10 years of experience serving the counties of Manatee and Sarasota. If you live in Sarasota, Manatee, or any of our surrounding counties contact us, we will be glad to assist you!