Large concrete pavers are becoming a very popular option amongst many homeowners. Not only they are more durable and resistant, but they can also create a very sophisticated and elegant space without much effort or thinking. So, where to buy large concrete pavers?
Do you want to know more about large concrete pavers? Then this is the article you’ve been looking for. Here we will discuss where to buy them, design tips, and the pros and cons of having them in your house! So let’s get right to it.
Where to Buy Large Concrete Pavers?
If you want to do your project with large concrete pavers, fortunately, there are many options you can choose from. Unlike brick pavers (which have only a standard size option), concrete pavers have a wide variety of sizes and shapes.
You can easily find large concrete pavers in practically any building materials retailer or any paver contractor. You can also find some online, but we highly recommend you buy them in person, – so you can choose the best option for you.
Large Concrete Pavers Design Tips
Fill the cracks with grass, stones, or smaller pavers
Usually, when people choose larger pavers, they leave a considerable space between them to fill them. You can get creative with how to use this space and create a nice look for your patio. There are a few materials that you can use to fill the gaps, too: grass, crushed stone, or even smaller pavers are the best candidates for the job.
Mix concrete pavers
The good thing about concrete pavers is they come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, so you can be very creative while installing them, conceiving different patterns and filling the gaps in between with smaller pavers, as mentioned in the first tip.
Just like in shape and size, concrete brick pavers come in a variety of different colors you can pick from. Unlike brick pavers (which come in the same shades and tones), you can alternate the color scheme by featuring pavers with different tones. Be very creative while mixing the colors!
Expand indoors spaces
This is a really common idea, but many people forget that large concrete pavers aren’t just for outdoor spaces; they also look incredible in interior spaces as well. You can use the same pavers in both outdoor and indoor areas to create an extension of your house and create an illusion of a bigger and wider space, for example.
Pros and Cons of Large Concrete Pavers
- Quick installation: Once they are larger, they occupy more space and can be installed relatively quickly when compared to small pavers.
- Style: Have you ever noticed that, when the pavers are larger, the space seems bigger and wider? That’s because large pavers have a more open style that can create this “trick”.
- More resistant: Larger pavers are not only larger but also thicker than regular-sized paving stones, so they are less prone to crack and chip.
- Difficult to move: For obvious reasons, larger pavers are harder to move from one place to another, since they are heavier. The ideal, in this case, is to have a paver contractor do the task for you and avoid any accidents.
- Design inflexibility: There is a wide variety of paver patterns available, but when it comes to larger pavers, the options for styles became are significantly reduced.
- Cost: When compared with small concrete pavers, they usually have a higher price and cost of installation as well.
Can I Lay Large Concrete Pavers by Myself?
Larger pavers are way more difficult to install because they are harder to move from one place to another. This makes the work 10x harder and the chances of an accident happening are higher as well, so we recommend you hire a pro to do it for you.
If you’re thinking about getting large concrete pavers for your walkway, driveway, or patio, you can count on us. You can get a free estimate for your project and improve your home! S&S Pavers has over 10 years of experience serving the counties of Manatee and Sarasota. If you live near us or in any of the surrounding counties, contact us as soon as possible – we will be glad to assist you!
- What is the largest concrete paver available?
Of the easiest ones to find, the 3′ by 3′ is perhaps the most popular. The 800 cm by 400 cm is technically the biggest one available to the public, though.
- What is the proper base for large concrete pavers?
Washed concrete sand, also known as bedding sand, is the recommended material by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
- Are large pavers cheaper than concrete?
That is a complicated question. Upfront, no, they are not. However, pavers can last a lifetime if properly taken care of, whereas stamped concrete will last a year at the most without starting to show signs of wear and tear. Pavers are much more worth it in the long run.
- How thick are large pavers?
Residential pavers have a 60 mm thickness. Pavers used for commercial purposes, like in streets, industrial flooring, and driveways have an 80 mm thickness.
- How much gap between large pavers?
That will greatly depend on exactly what kind of design you are going for. Large pavers allow for bigger spaces between them that can be filled with patches of grass, small rocks, and wood. It will all depend on your final goal – but always ask for professional help before making any final decisions.
- Do pavers increase home value?
Yes, they absolutely do. Pavers are considered to be an investment, and in some cases they can increase the value of a property by as much as 20%.